Saturday, January 01, 2011

Cashiers du Cinemart #16

Okay, folks. I'm doing it. In 2011 I'm going to dive in head first into the Quimby's, Atomic Books, Xerography Debt, Zine World project "Revenge of Print" with a sixteenth issue of Cashiers du Cinemart.

I'm thinking I'm going to make two versions. One that can be easily photocopied and distributed and another that's going to look a little nicer and be available via "print on demand." I've been making a list (and checking it twice) of all the articles I've wanted to write and have been reaching out to some of my old writers to get on board. If you've got requests or want to write for this last hurrah, give me a shout (or leave me a comment).

I've got two celebs I want to interview (Sam Raimi, Paul Schrader). Going to try to look them up on my own but don't be surprised if I blog a plea for contact information...

Other things I want to write: pieces on Dusan Makavejev, Oldrich Lipsky, Jean-Pierre Melville, BDSM in mainstream movies, BDSM documentaries, reviews of Phase IV, Colossus: The Forbin Project, Mars, Earthling, Mr. Nobody, and more. Contributions from Mike Malloy, Chris Cummins, Mike Sullivan, and more (?).

And... it looks like we're going to have cover art from the one and only Stephen "Bad Music for Bad People" Blickenstaff!

2 comments:

XichthusX said...

AWESOME NEWS!!!! Can't wait.

Unknown said...

Fantastic news Mike! Can't wait to see what you cook up with this issue.

Post a Comment